Menu

History


ARTitorium on Broadway is housed in the old Rio Theater on West Broadway in downtown Idaho Falls. The Rio originally opened under the name of the Broadway in 1924, was renamed the Fox shortly after, and became the Rio in the mid-1930s. The theater closed in 2001.

The building was donated anonymously with the hopes that it would become a lively and fun place of kids in downtown Idaho Falls. Construction began on ARTitorium on Broadway in November, 2013 and was completed in June, 2014. It opened to the public on August 15 and 16, 2014.

ARTitorium is owned and operated by the Idaho Falls Arts Council, who also operates the Colonial Theater and Willard Arts Center.

ARTitorium on Broadway is another adventure from the Idaho Falls Arts Council.