Kid's Art Contest
See your artwork on a downtown traffic cabinet!
In partnership with the Idaho Falls Downtown Development Corporation and Idaho Falls Power, we are decorating several downtown traffic cabinets with images of artworks. The traffic cabinet and service pedestal at the corner of Broadway St. and Shoup Ave. (across from ARTitorium on Broadway) will be decorated with KID’S ART!
There will be two winners whose work will be reproduced on the traffic cabinets. One winner in each age category:
- 6 years and under
- 7-12 years
All entries will be on public view at ARTitorium at the first Idaho Falls Gallery Walk on Thursday, May 3rd, 5-8pm (free to attend).
- Artwork should be on 11x17 plain paper (please no lined or graph paper)
- Artwork needs to be in color and should fill the page.
- You can use any medium that comes in colors (paint, pastels, colored pencils, markers, etc.)
- You can create a picture of anything you like (people, animals, patterns, buildings, whatever!), but please do not include any words.
- Put your name, age, and a phone number on the back of the artwork and deliver it to ARTitorium before April 30, 2018. There will be a short entry form for an adult to complete when you drop it off.
- You can work on your creation at home, or during your visit to ARTitorium (admission charges will apply)
- Artworks will be available to pick up after May 4th, 2018.
Winning artworks will be reproduced in vinyl and used to wrap the traffic cabinet and service pedestal. Each winning artist’s name and age will be included on the wraps, which will remain in place for several years. By entering this contest you give the Idaho Falls Arts Council permission to use the artwork in this manner and in related promotional materials. All artwork is subject to approval by the Idaho Transportation Department. Please contact Georgina Goodlander, Visual Arts Director, with any questions: (208) 522-0471, firstname.lastname@example.org.